Once You Go Skirt, You Never Go Back!

 

My First Skirt: The Moment I Fell in Love with Skirt Sports!

I started officially training for my first marathon in 2004 and the options for running apparel led me to a routine I knew all too well and didn't enjoy.  The dance went like this...run, run, run, pull down, pull down...run, run, run, pull down, pull down.  Yeah, it wasn't cute how my shorts would ride up the inner thighs and get on my nerves during my training runs.  After no success with running shorts, I moved to biker shorts but felt awkward running in shorts made for bikers. I even tried buying shorts two sizes two big to prevent that little dance but the extra bulk made me look really funny.  I felt like I was one of those Macy's Day Parade balloons with the puffy oversized shorts.  

Then, I'm sure it was one of those moments where music started playing and a spotlight shone down on the cutest running skirt ever! I was walking around an expo and low and behold the coolest thing I had ever seen was looking right at me!   It was the cutest, sleekest running skirt I had ever seen!  There were two color choices: black and pink. I really wanted both but thought I would buy one in case it didn't work out as I had hoped.  

From that moment on, my first skirt became the only thing I would run inIt never rode up so no more "dance" along the course of run, run, run, pull down, pull down and the embarrassment of having to constantly adjust!  There was no chafing and to top it off, I felt feminine, strong, and comfortable!  My first skirt (Skirt Sports Triks) took me to the Army 10 Miler, Outer Banks Inaugural Half Marathon, Cleveland Half Marathon, Virginia Beach Half Marathon and so many training runs in between! 

 
I may not have won an Ironman race like the Skirts Sports founder, Nicole DeBoom, but I certainly won in my own way.  Skirt Sports changed my outlook on who I could be while running - running more confident than ever before!  So, the moral of this story is once you go Skirt you never go back.  I now wear Skirt Sports almost daily!

*** I'm a Skirt Sports Ambassador, which comes with a few perks.  My review is my honest experience as a customer before I even had the opportunity to share this brand!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Extra!!! Good News!!!

Runalicious! Little Rock Weekend!