Extra Extra!!! Good News!!!

And the 2016 Seattle Marathon Ambassadors are...10 Inspiring Runners and

ME!!!

I was on my way to the Hollywood Half when I noticed an email from the Seattle Marathon and I screamed!  I had applied to be an Ambassador because running makes me happy and I love encouraging others to reach their goals!  I thought this would be a perfect fit to support beginning runners, runners coming back from injury (like me), and those who maybe took a long break from the marathon distance (like me).  I'm coming out of a 10 year retirement and I'm 40! 

So, now, I have the honor of representing a great race in Seattle and gain a little motivation for my own training as well.  Completing this race will help me qualify for Marathon Maniacs, which is something that seems outrageous to me at the moment.  My journey to be a maniac will start in Portland in October, take me to New York City in November, and finishing at the Seattle Marathon during Thanksgiving weekend.

I hope you will follow my journey and that of the rest of the Ambassadors as we train and encourage you to join us at the Seattle Marathon in November 2016!  Congrats to my fellow Ambassadors too!

 Read about all of the ambassadors: www.seattlemarathon.org/ambassadors/

Want to join us for an accomplishment of a lifetime?  If a marathon or half marathon is on your bucket list, do it now!  You can register for the Marathon or Half marathon here:

You can do it!  #runsea16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once You Go Skirt, You Never Go Back!

Runalicious! Little Rock Weekend!