Hometown Race - Capital City Race Report

   

Hometown Race - Capital City

I'm a big fan of traveling to races and exploring new places, so it is not typically for me to run a town where I live.  For some reason, I was intrigued about the Capital City Half Marathon and thought it was probably too hilly for me.  I was wrong...I loved this course!  Hills...yes, but they didn't really bother me like I expected.

The Good...

Weather was good for me, cloudy but no rain.  It was about 50 something degrees at the start and finished in the 60's, so weather was on my side!

The race shirt is comfortable and unique.

The Great...

The course was really nice...along the beautiful water and the marinas, past Priest Point Park into some pretty farmland areas and then back into the city at the end.  

Volunteers and people cheering were great!  There was more cowbell on this course than I have ever encountered and in the most random places along the course.  At one point, we passed a retirement community cheering from their waterview condos, a family in PJ's clapping for us and cowbells everywhere!  Christopher Walken would be proud.

Free cupcakes at the finish line - gourmet cupcakes!  Great post-race food, which is hit and miss at some races.

The medal was bigger than I expected and I love it!  

Overall, I'm very pleased with this race and crossed the line under 3 hours even though I had been ill all week and my energy was very low!  I learned to use my mental muscle more during this race to get through the very early fatigue.  

Capital City Half Marathon in Olympia, Washington is a must do event!  Well-organized, great perks, beautiful course, nice medal, and lots of cowbell to cheer you on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Extra Extra!!! Good News!!!

Once You Go Skirt, You Never Go Back!

Runalicious! Little Rock Weekend!